In 2006, Stone relocated from its original brewery in San Marcos to a new, custom-designed facility in Escondido. The new brewery currently has a capacity of 250,000 US beer barrels per year, and also includes an on-site bottling line. The site is also home to a restaurant, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, a 300+ seat restaurant which features a large outdoor patio and 1-acre (4,000 m2) of gardens. The restaurant serves a rotating menu of food—concentrating on organic, free-range and local ingredients—and beer from Stone, local San Diego and regional California craft brewers, and other specialty breweries in the United States and abroad. The brewery also houses a Stone Company Store where Stone merchandise can be purchased in addition to one and two litre growlers which can be filled with Stone's 7 year-round beers and special releases.
In June 2008, Stone Brewing became more eco-friendly when they covered the roof of the brewery with solar panels, nearly cutting their energy costs in half. The 1,561 roof-mounted solar modules will offset more than 538,000 pounds (244,000 kg) of carbon emissions over its lifetime, which is equivalent to planting 204 acres (0.83 km2) of trees.
In 2011, Stone announced plans for major expansion, which will include a new restaurant and brewery in Point Loma, expansion of its Escondido brewery to 500,000 barrel per year capacity, a 18.7 acre organic farm to supply produce to its current and future restaurants, and a shop in the South Park neighborhood which will sell its beer in bottles, kegs and growlers.
* Arrogant Bastard Ale is an American strong ale. It is marketed by warning to potential consumers that they are "not worthy" of such a beer. It is a popular beer among craft beer aficionados. Local designer/illustrator Thomas K. Matthews created the original gargoyle in 1996. He also drew the Arrogant Bastard Ale, Stone Ruination IPA and Stone Levitation Ale gargoyles, as well as barley and hops motifs.
* OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale is a variety of Arrogant Bastard aged with oak chips, and has been produced in limited release 3 Liter bottles with a lock three times: November 2004, 2005 and 2006. In August 2007, OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale 12oz six packs became a year round release. It has also been produced on draft from time to time under no set schedule since its first release in November 2004.
* Stone Pale Ale is a California-style pale ale.
* Stone IPA is a fruity, hoppy India Pale Ale featuring Magnum and Centennial hops.
* Stone Ruination IPA is a very highly hopped India Pale Ale. The bottle bears prodigious warnings of the high levels of bitterness (rated at over 100 IBUs) as well as its ruinous effect on the palate.
* Stone Levitation Ale is a dry hopped amber ale.
* Stone Smoked Porter is an American porter-style ale.
* Stone Cali-Belgique IPA is a Belgian IPA, a relatively new style which is a cross between an IPA and a Belgian ale.
* Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale is described as a Black IPA, or Cascadian Dark Ale, another relatively new style. This beer was originally introduced as Stone's 11th Anniversary Ale.
* Double Bastard Ale is a more intense version of Arrogant Bastard, with an ABV of 10.5%. It is a special release item and goes on sale every November in 22 ounce and 3 liter bottles.
* Stone Imperial Russian Stout is a Russian Imperial Stout released in the 2nd quarter every year.
* Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine is a barley wine released in the 1st quarter every year.
* Lukcy Basartd [sic] Ale was a blend of Arrogant Bastard Ale and Double Bastard Ale, and then oaked. This beer was a one-time release commemorating 13 years of Arrogant Bastard Ale.
Stone Anniversary Ale series
Stone releases an Anniversary Ale every summer, each one using a different recipe and bottle design.
Stone Vertical Epic Ale series
Since 2002, Stone has been releasing a series of eleven beers under the Stone Vertical Epic Ale header. Each one uses a different recipe and are designed, when the release is complete, to complement its partners in a tasting of all eleven, one after the other (a "vertical tasting"). Each is released one year, one month, and one day apart, beginning with the first on February 2, 2002 (02.02.02 in a common date format on the Gregorian calendar); thus, the second was released on March 3, 2003 (03.03.03), the fourth on April 4, 2004, and so on. The last in the series will be the Stone 12.12.12 Vertical Epic Ale.